New year, new you…Right? We hate to break it to you, but we’re not sure it works that way. The beginning of a New Year is always going to be exciting, but why do we always have to put so much pressure on ourselves to start over?
There is probably nothing wrong with the old you, but without a doubt there are a few things you can improve on… we all can. Rolling in the New Year, comes with setting our New Year’s resolutions. At first we’re pumped and motivated, but (for 99% of us) as soon as February starts to creep up on us, our motivation decreases and those resolutions become a thing of the past.
Maybe this year it doesn’t have to be that way. We want you to jump into 2017 with a positive start because your “new year, new me” comes with good intentions. We’ve picked some of our favourite quotes to inspire you this year. Cheers to creating, exploring, taking risks, conquering the world and of course to 2017!
- Do one thing every day that scares you. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- When life puts you in tough situations, don’t say “why me” say “try me”. – Unknown
- Everything you can imagine is real. – Pablo Picaso
- Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire. – Unknown
- There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. – Nelson Mandela
- Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that. —Ellen DeGeneres
- Opportunities don’t happen. You create them. – Chris Grosser
- We become what we think about. – Earl Nightingale
- I am thankful for all of those who said “no” to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself again. – Albert Einstein
- Don’t allow traditional views to stop us from imagining, creating, exploring and doing things differently. – M,R.